Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!

Today is a day that we spend time with our families, eat way too much turkey and plan our shopping for black Friday. It is also a day of retrospect and to think of all of the things that we are thankful for. It is also a day that can bring pain if you have lost a loved one, have family strife, or are dealing with infertility. It is not easy to sit around the table listening to siblings and cousins discuss pregnancy woes or child rearing challenges. You are on edge waiting to hear if someone is going to share their "good news" at the dinner table. You may feel lost today, a little displaced. We have all been there. And this year I am praying for you. I may not know you but we are linked by this common bond and I hurt for you.

I am fortunate this year that the only children I will be around are horrid little beasts that make me want to have my tubes tied just in case. There will be no longing for me to have a child after being around them today!!! And the rest of hubby's family is older so there will be no surprise announcements. I won't have to deal with all of my infertility sadness and longing today but many will. And those will be who I am thinking of today and praying for.

Regardless of where you are today and how you are feeling, try to find something positive to think on. Try to push infertility to the back and allow yourself a few moments to enjoy all of the blessings that God has given you. It won't be easy but it will be worth it! God is so good to all of us but infertility robs us of the joy of seeing it. Try to find your joy today!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I felt like I had a horrid little beast today, so I cracked up laughing when I read your post, and you took a good spin on it. Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the horrid little beasts weren't too much of a headache :)

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.