Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Maddie has received her evction notice!

I went today for my biophysical profile and non stress test. Maddie did beautifully! At the end of it they tested my blood pressure. It was high. They asked if I had had any symptoms and I told them that I had a migraine last night that was still lingering as well as swelling in my hands and face, but I still felt pretty good. The nurse called my OB and he told them to send me over to L&D and start inducing me. Because I am not dilated or thinning at all I am on Cervidil for 12 hours then Pitocin tomorrow morning. Hopefully by then something begins to happen as my doctor will not do a c-section unless absolutely necessary. And right now my symptoms and BP are not high enough to warrant a c-section. If the meds do not work they may send me home tomorrow but the doc is hoping it will not come to that.

Please pray that my body will start to go into labor and that Maddie is born tomorrow. I really don't want this to drag out for several days!! Thanks everyone! I will update when I can.

14 comments:

  1. OH, Yay!! So exciting! Praying everything goes smoothly and quickly! Can't wait to see pictures of Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pics of Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...so exciting!!! Praying for you & Maddie that everything go smoothly and those medications begin to work their magic. Can't wait to hear the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Maddie are in my prayers, Jess. I pray you respond to the meds and little Maddie comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying all goes well and mother and baby are safe throughout the process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You've made it!! Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes! I hope that everything works quickly and you are holding your baby girl in your arms sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO excited that Maddie will be on her way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck!!!! This is so exciting! I wish you a speedy birth and a healthy baby girl! All my very best to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.