Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hello! Update from this horrible, no good, bad blogger!

I always told myself that I would never quit blogging, that I would continue to share my journey and encourage others. Well.........that was childless me talking. That was mom to one child talking. Having two children and caring for 3 others in my home kinda changed all of that. I rarely find time to get online let alone sit down and type out a bunch of words. At least without tiny hands adding their contribution.

But we are gearing up for another transfer so I thought that I would take some time to update on that along with sharing some pics of my snowflake darlings.

Maddie is now 5 years old. Holy cow! Where did the time go?!?! When I started this blog we hadn't even found our first set of embryos. Now we have two children and 2 frosties waiting for us.

Maddie is..... Maddie is my wild child. She is my sparkle and my delight. She is also a handful. But I adore this child. She is a diva, always clamoring for the spotlight. She loves attention and not afraid to sing or dance to get it.






Olivia will be two in April. She is my quiet, shy little meanie. Where Maddie is mindful of hurting others, Olivia will lay into you for getting in her way. But she won't talk to you or even look at you until she knows you. Unless you anger her. We call her Miles Finch aka Angry Elf from the movie Elf. She is a riot!!! She is still nursing and quite attached to her boobahs. She hugs and kisses them daily. Poor kiddo is gonna freak when I wean her this month.






This time next year we may be able to add one lat photo. Maybe. Hopefully! We are planning on our next and final transfer in April. I am calling tomorrow to schedule my phone consult. The mock transfer will need to be next month or early March and then we are off to the races!!! This time I will be flying and taking both girls with me and hopefully my teenage niece to help. We will spend about a week in FL soaking up the sun. These are our last two embryos and whatever happens, happens. We have been ttc for over 17 years and I am so ready to finally put this chapter behind us. It will be an amazing feeling to no longer have to think about future transfers when making life decisions. I can return to work in 2 years. We can buy a house finally. It will be awesome to just be. It will be even better if we can be a family of five, but I am more than content with my family of four. How can I not be?? Look at those two!!!


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big your girls are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big your girls are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're getting so big! Good luck with your transfer!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.