Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Crazy Day!


So I went to bed last night at 11:30 and fell right asleep. I usually wake up every three hours to go potty, but last night horrible pains woke me up. Now before you freak, I was not contracting! Even as a first time mom I knew that this was not contractions. But whatever it was it was painful!!! It felt like an angry gnome was in my stomach trying to fight his way out. Photobucket
Each cramp or spasm or whatever lasted about 10-15 seconds and about 2-3 an hour. I would just fall back asleep only to be assaulted again. Then Maddie would wake up to wage war against me as well. This continued until 7 am and I thought that I was in the clear. Then while at a store trying to spend hubby's hard earned money it started again. I called the doc and he sent me to labor and delivery just to check everything out.

I was there for a few hours and the attending thought it one of two things: gallstones or GERD. I assured him that this was much worse that GERD, but he just gave me a condescending-I-am-a-doctor-and-know-everything kind of look. Seriously, if that was GERD, shoot me now! There is no way that people that suffer from GERD would be able to function with this kind of pain. And I have stage IV endo and I can endure some pretty tough stuff and this about killed me!

They ran some blood work and did an ultrasound and all of that came back fine. Then they gave me this toxic tasting stuff that was a cure all for acid in the stomach. I was assured that if it was GERD that I would feel better almost immediately. Half an hour later....still in pain. Stupid doctor! So they sent me home. I feel much better now, but still sore. Good news is that Maddie is great and I was not having any contractions. Bad news is that we do not know what caused this. Oh, and more bad news: While waiting for the test results my OBs office called. I failed my 1 hour glucose test!! BLEH! I have the three hour on Monday. I think that I might live it up this weekend! All the carbs and sugar I can eat. Tiramisu here I come!!!

So that was my crazy day! Hope that all of yours was better.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That's deep! Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That doesn't sound very fun. Hope it doesn't happen again and glad Maddie's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully it was just a one time thing. I did have my gallbladder removed last year because I was having frequent attacks out of the blue, and my RE didn't want that to happen during a pregnancy (no worries there!) He said attacks were more likely during pregnancy, but it's more painful than being a dire situation. Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.