Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, May 28, 2010

My one year blogiversary!

I just realized that May 27th was my one year anniversary of starting this blog. When I started it I had no idea where life was going to take us. I just knew that I needed a place to write out my feelings about this crazy journey called infertility. This time last year I had not even called to set up a consult with the two REs in our area that will do FETs with donated embies. We were still hoping for a match through Miracle's Waiting. A few weeks after I began this blog I found the courage to call the two different RE's, met with both, then was informed by one that they did have an embryo donation program and I could get on it. In July I had surgery to remove a polyp and had to wait at least 3 cycles before we could do the FET. We had no clue how long a match would take (we were on a waiting list) and assumed that it would be at least 6 months, maybe even a year before we were matched. One week before by 3rd cycle (after surgery) we received "the call". Five weeks later I started meds and 2 weeks after that we had the transfer. Now I am entering my 3rd trimester! Wow! What a difference a year makes!

When I began this blog I can honestly say that I thought my life would remain unchanged. After 11 years of ttc, 2 failed adoptions, and 4 unsuccessful IUI's I had no reason to hope. So many times I had allowed myself to dream, to hope that we would have a child and time and again our hearts were crushed. My heart was scared to believe. And now, one year later, my life has been completely changed. And I thank all of you for your support during this journey. And this journey is not complete. Infertility will always be a part of my life and I plan to continue to blog about it. And I plan to continue supporting those that are still waiting. Praying that your time is soon to come.

3 comments:

  1. God has TRULY given you the desires of your heart! HOW AWESOME! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me perspective. Things may be tough right now, but hopefully I can also look back in a year and be so glad that things are working out. Lovin' your story :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.