Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nine & a half days

I can't believe how close the transfer is! Just a week and a half to go! A part of me wants time to fly and a part of me wants it to go slowly, to hold onto this hope. I am trying to stay busy with decorating, shopping and baking. I have a feeling that I will gain a few pounds before this Christmas season is over!!! But that is okay. If I do get pregnant I will have to go on a low carb diet so I may as well enjoy it while I can. And enjoy it I am! Tonight I made cheesy enchiladas and blackberry cobbler for dessert. Darn that Pioneer Woman!!!

I have an ultrasound on Friday. I am assuming to check my uterine lining?? Anyone verify that? I also start my Vivelle patches that day. And on Saturday I begin the progesterone suppositories. Can anyone say fun?!?! Next week a few days of antibiotics and then the transfer. Starting that day I add 2 more shots each day as well as the suppositories, estrogen pills 2 x a day and something else. I swear, this getting knocked up is a full time job! I have an iPhone and have reminders set for each pill and shot. My calender is littered with dots (which indicate that something is scheduled). If we are fortunate enough to have a baby from all of this you can be sure to know that I remind them of all of this each time they have a moment of rebellion!

9 comments:

  1. Pioneer Woman is amazing! =)... And Sooo excited that it is THAT close! Praying for you each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE!!!! Yes, to check your lining to make sure there are no polyps and it is smooth and also your ovaries. LOVE A FULL CALENDAR!!! HUGS! DO NOT FORGET TO EAT YOUR PINEAPPLE CORE after transfer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounds great, can I have some??? Yes, I second eating the pineapple core after transfer!!!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how close it's getting! Praying things continue to go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you!
    I don't think you can do low carb while pregnant, because it puts your body it ketosis :) Yay for bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bre, my RE said that I will have to follow a low carb/diabetic type diet if I get pg because my fasting glucose levels were borderline. If I follow a diabetic type diet I may be able to prevent gestational diabetes. I also am supposed to reduce my sodium intake as well because I have had high blood pressure in the past. I am hoping that the excitement from being pg will detract me from my bland diet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up with the pineapple core after transfer? :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christy, here is what I found online about pineapple core:

    Using Pineapple to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow jess, what a change that will be! all i wanted was bread my first tm.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.