Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

no news is, well, no news

Not much has changed in the last few weeks. We are still planning to ttc for #2 this year but have not progressed much in the process. Neither of the possible situations we were pursuing worked out so we are going to go through a clinic in CA. I have had the consult with the local RE and he is fine with doing my monitoring here. Now I just need to call and set up my phone consult with the RE in CA and get on their wait list. I just never have time to call. Somehow I accidentally opened an in home daycare. I am really not sure how it happened. I watch 2 little girls right now (one is my niece) and take another one to the bus stop each day. I will soon have another baby to watch in a few weeks as one mom is pregnant and due soon. Having all of these kids here is quite time consuming!! I am still trying to get a routine down.

Maddie is doing great. She is finally talking!! Now I ask her to be quiet! I love to hear her little voice even if it is saying "no no". She is so much fun and I pray that we can give her a sibling in the next year. I just need to get cracking on these phone calls!

Friday, March 16, 2012

EA and life update

This whole baby makin' business ain't easy!! Since the first of the year we found embryos via Miracles Waiting and we started the process through their clinic. Then that did not work out. Not sure what happened just that the couple was giving the clinic different information than they were telling us. I emailed the couple about this and there was never a response.

Then a second situation presented itself and I am not sure how this one will turn out. But that is fine as we are letting God lead. In the meantime I am scheduled for a phone consult with a local RE and I will discuss with him to either do the FET here with the donated embryos or to do my monitoring with him and travel to another clinic for the FET. Next week I will call the clinic in CA to schedule a phone consult with the RE there and get on their waiting list. If the other situation happens to work out then we will be ready to go and if it does not we will be on the list at a clinic. The wait time is about 6 months which works well for us.

I also posted about home repairs. I hate home repairs!! What started out as a new sliding glass door and new kitchen flooring has turned into major damage to our roof (which is only 5 years old) and a lot of money that we were not prepared to spend. So that needs to be done so we can put this place up for sale and get rid of this headache! We will move in with my mom until we are ready to buy a house. Just typing all of this out makes me tired!!!!

Maddie is doing great and growing like crazy. She is finally talking though I am not always happy with what she says. Her favorite words are NO and NO. But I love to hear her voice even if she is bossing me around! Please keep her in your prayers as she is having her third tube put in her right ear. She has been doing so well since her surgery in September but she got strep in October and we later found out that the virus caused and ear infection and that clogged her tube. During the cleaning of it the tube fell out and the whole quickly closed. We waited a bit to see if she would still get infections and while they are nowhere near as bad as they once were she still has gotten 2 of them. So the tube needs to be replaced. Here's hoping third times a charm!!!!

Well, that about updates you all on everything. I hope to catch up on all of yoru blogs here soon too.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New situation

I posted previously that the donor couple that had chosen us was giving the clinic "conflicting information" in regards to donating to us. I emailed the donors and never received a response. In all honesty, I am glad that we will not be working with this clinic. I really liked the donor mom though I will admit that her lack of communication disappointed me. I only made one request and it was that if she changed her mind, regardless of the reason, that she let me know. I knew that they wanted to move out of state but that they would not move until all of the embryos had been donated and used. I was honest with them that it could be 6 months before we were financially ready and that if they felt that they needed to find another couple to please let us know. She assured me that they were choosing us and things continued well for a another week or so. I have no idea what exactly happened as she never said a word to me, but that is fine. Obviously it was not the situation for us and I would rather focus my efforts on moving forward, which it look like we are doing.

I was contacted last year from someone considering us for their little embies. Things got busy for them and no decision was made at that time and when the donor mom went to contact me again we were already matched with the other couple. When that fell apart she contacted me again and things are looking good. Right now we are waiting to hear from her clinic and whether I will need to travel there or if we can ship them here to me. My prayer is that they can be shipped here as it would be much easier for me. But ultimately we all want what is best for the embryos, what will give them the best chance at survival. I am fine with traveling there as long as it only requires one trip. Travel is expensive and being away from Maddie is not fun. And there is NO way I am flying with her. And it is too far to drive with her as well. So a lot hinges on what the clinic says. Once we know that we can start making decisions. I have a consult with a local RE on the 23rd of this month. He allows for donated embryos to be used in his clinic and he is awesome! I saw him years ago but since they did not have an ED program we went with another clinic. But he was my first choice as a doctor.

So right now we wait. But that is okay. Nothing in infertility goes quickly. If for some reason this does not work out I have also found a clinic. It is is CA and they have been mentioned to me on several occasions (thanks Morningsun!). They are affordable, have a 6 month wait, and only require one visit. And most importantly they returned my call promptly and had answers to my questions. So either way we will be proceeding, just waiting on His will to be clear to us. I will update when we hear more!