Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I love all the attention!!!

When you are pregnant everyone wants to talk to you and ask you about the pregnancy and the baby. When you adopt and a match has been made everyone wants to know the details of the new addition. But when you go through fertility treatments few people ask you how things are going. Not because they do not care, though some really do not, but because they either do not understand or there is no guarantee of a baby. Whatever the reason it can be painful to go through shots, appointments and pills all alone.

I have been very fortunate to have a few women that have been extremely supportive. We have been very open about our embryo adoption and have no trouble telling interested parties about it. We do this for several reasons. One is because we will be honest with our children about their conception and want them to ever feel shame in it. Another reason is education. In telling others of embryo adoption two different couples have decided to consider donating their embryos to an infertile couple in the future. This does my heart good to know that these precious embryos will get a chance at life.

Today at church I was stopped 4 times by someone asking me how I was doing and when was the transfer. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated not only them asking, but that they remembered that the date was nearing. I also love the fact that they are all praying for us and that it will work. Between them praying for us and all of you praying for us I am confident that His will will be done, positive or negative. So thank you all for your support!!!!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I feel the same way about education and nothing being a secret. Same has happened to me on my blog. I have had several people want to know more about EA-2 call my Dr. for a consult and 1 family who will be donating to another family that reads my blog! GOD IS AWESOME! IT WILL WORK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, Jess!!! Keep up doing God's work!!!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.