Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Gettin' Ready!

In preparation for 24 hours of bed rest this Friday and Saturday I am making a list and checking it twice. I am a planner and don't want to be unprepared. It is only 24 hours, but I OCD like that. Today I purchased my pineapple. Tomorrow I am going to get a refill of my prenatals and thyroid medication. Wednesday I am going to order half of the meds that I will need if the transfer is successful. Thursday I am packing a bag for the doctor's office. They told me to bring a pillow, blanket and a book. I will remain there for an hour after the transfer, laying on my back, and I can bring whatever makes me comfortable. I think that this calls for a new book! Karen Kingsbury has one out that I have not read yet. On Thursday I am going to rent Julie & Julia, Steel Magnolias (always a fave) and maybe a few Christmas movies to help keep me entertained. I might even borrow my sister's What to Expect When You Are Expecting book, just to get a head start!

I am still very at peace about all of this. And getting a little excited. I can't wait to meet my embies and I really hope to have a pic of them to share with all of you on Friday!!!

5 comments:

  1. Omgoodness... we sound alike! I have be making my list and checking it like five times! Well, I am off to eat my pineapple and get my daily dose of PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!! Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row :) YIPPEE! COME ON FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Friday to get here! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!!!!
    I am an obsessive planner also! You sound like you're prepared!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.