Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Drumroll please!

I went to the clinic today and asked the nurse what my chances were of having my beta today. She said, "Oh, honey. We can but it is so early it could very possibly be negative." My response: "Well, what if I have 4 pg tests that say otherwise??". She hugged me, congratulated me and drew my blood. My beta was 41....definitely pregnant!!!!

I will have a repeat beta on Monday. Praying for the numbers to double!!!! We have now told most everyone. originally I had planned on not telling anyone for a few weeks just in case of an early loss. But now I have decided that no matter what happens I am going to enjoy each and every moment with this baby(s). And if, God forbid, something happens, then I will have the love and support of friends and family. So the secret is out!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I am so very happy for you!!! Enjoy every moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!!! So glad the nurse tested for you!!!! :) So glad you're sharing with everyone too. :) I think that's great!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start! I can't wait to hear Monday's number! Woot! Woot! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo very happy for you girl! I will keep you in my thoughts. http://romancingthestone.wordpress.com Shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I stumbled across your blog, and just wanted to say Congrats. I will keep you in my blogroll. Have a very happy and healthy 9 mos! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to hear about your Mondays #'s!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.