Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Officially Day ONE

Today is officially Day One! Here is my first birth control pill, ready for consumption. I also received a call from the clinic today. The donor family is coming in for their blood testing this Sunday!!! And I have my protocol appointment next Friday, the 23rd. I am giddy with excitement! And fear!!!!! This is all so real now. Well, as real as it can be for now. I am sure that once I start the injections that it will be even more real!

So there are two prayer requests at this time: 1.) that the donor couple pass all the necessary testing and 2.) that the rest of the funds are provided. We only have 25% of the money together right now. Between now and the transfer we should easily have half of the money, but that still leaves us with about $2000 to come up with. I am planning on selling my car for the remainder of the amount, but am praying that I don't have to do that. I would rather sell my car later to put a down payment on a mini-van!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes Jess!!!!! How exciting! Still here crying as I read how fast this is happening and how excited you must be feeling. Loved the mini-van comment! Too Cute! Cant wait to read all about it in the weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I remember the day! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.