At my 34 week appointment this past Monday my BP was elevated and there was protein in my urine. I had to do a 24 urine catch as well as 2 sets of blood work. All of my blood work came back normal and my BP has remained in the normal range since then, even today at my appointment. But my protein was high from the 24 urine catch. At 300 they consider you as having preeclampsia. Mine was 299. Still under the cut off, but too high for comfort. I have not been diagnosed with preeclampsia at this time but my doctor is afraid that I will develop it soon.
So here is where we are:
* I am to be on modified bed rest. I can attend one service at church on Sundays, but that is all. No cleaning. No cooking. No finishing the nursery either.
* My baby shower has to be rescheduled until after the baby is born.
* I see my OB 2x a week now.
* I have to do a repeat 24 urine catch (yuck!) as well as more blood work.
* I will be delivering Maddie within the next 3 weeks. If I have not gone into labor on my own before week 38 then I will be induced.
* If I have any symptom of preeclampsia I have to head to L&D immediately!
* My hubby travels with is job and he has canceled everything but a few of his overnight meetings. This will put a financial strain on us, but it will be safer to have him here with me instead of me being alone.
So now we wait! And pray!!! Please pray that Maddie stays safe for another 3 weeks and that if anything needs medical attention that I am aware of it and get to the hospital in time.