Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Nearing my 4th month!

Next Monday I will begin my fourth month! I can't believe that this pregnancy is almost to the half way point. I am still in denial that there is a baby in there. I am not sure what I think that I have in there if not a baby. Maybe a large parasite? Or an alien?? He does look kind of like an alien!

I had my monthly check-up yesterday. All is going great! I have lost another 2 lbs. I think it was more like 3 lbs as my bladder was about to explode when they weighed me. That has to hold at least a pound, right?? Regardless, I lost some weight and that is good news. And the baby is growing so be assured that I am not starving myself. I am just making healthier choices. Sometimes.

There was a moment when I felt my heart drop to my stomach. the OB tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler but could not find it. He even had me lift my belly up (Oh, the joys of being fat!) and he still could not find it. He moved me to the ultrasound room for a quick check. While waiting fear began to set in, afraid that the baby was gone. Thankfully, he was a groovin' in there!! While the doctor was there I asked him to do a winkie check. Baby was having none of that and kept his legs closed tight. Oh well, less than three weeks until we get to find out the gender. The doctor assured me that it was not my excess belly fat the interfered with the Doppler, but that the placenta was in the way. It was nice of the skinny guy to try and make me feel better.

That pretty much sums it up! Baby is healthy and momma is losing weight. Can't ask for much more than that!!

5 comments:

  1. Jess, Glad everything went well. I had several of those scary appointments. Baby B's heart beat was always hard for them to find. One time I think I almost bit my bottom lip off from fear until they found him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Hope "he" cooperates at your gender check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you're almost halfway through your pregnancy - It seems like yesterday that I started following your blog and saw your positive test! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought 20 weeks was halfway?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.