Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby's got attitude!

So.....last night I felt the baby move for the first time!!!! It was slight, but definite. I would like to say that he was trying to shout Amen to the preacher as it happened during church, but I think that it was more him being mad at his momma. Though I have not felt him previously, I have felt the pressure he puts on my bladder and another painful spot near my belly button. I have had unexplained pain now for 6 years. No amount of tests or surgeries have been successful in discovering the source of the pain which is near my belly button. It is this pain that has always made me fear pregnancy, scared that a baby would press against this painful area. Well, I was right! Some days I swear that he is standing on my round ligament, head butting this painful spot, all while using my bladder as a punching bag!

So last night I was sitting in church and I felt pressure on all three areas. I took my right hand and pressed on my stomach, trying to shove him to the left side. He responded by fighting back and I felt a fluttering or quiver. Hard to explain, but it was there. I felt him twice and then he settled down. I failed to listen to the rest of the service so enthralled I was with my little one. I thought it prefect that I felt him first while in church as it was only by His grace that I am even pregnant. I am anxious to be far enough along that my hubby can feel him move as well. Though if the baby continues to have this attitude I may be sorry asking for more movement!

6 comments:

  1. I actually found the movement more comfortable the further along I was, maybe because there is more amniotic fluid further along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! I also love that you are calling your baby a "he". Is that intuition??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movement is the BEST!! I didn't really feel my little one "for real" until about 20 weeks-now it gives me comfort and PURE BLISS to feel her sweetness bangin' around in there! HUGS! Whats up with the "HE?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! We have always referred to the baby as "he". We both think that the baby is a boy, but we shall see if we are right in 3 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! I'm so happy that you felt your little guy! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.