Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

This week!

This is the week that we find out if there is a winkie or a tiny giny! Can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!! I am taking a book, a pillow and a blanket with me to the appointment, cause I am planting my butt there until they tell me what I am having. I will not leave until I know!!! So if you do not hear from me for a few days I am either in lock-up or at a slumber party at the office.

After my ultrasound on Thursday I will be heading over to mega consignment sale to buy something, anything gender specific. I will be at 19 weeks then (almost) and it feels like there is so much to do in just 21 weeks. Time is really flying by! Well, it will be then. Right now it is dragging as I wait for this ultrasound!

I do feel like I have accomplished something this past week. I found a crib, dresser and changing table and have it all set up. (I will post pics soon) I found it on Craigslist and it was brand new. The whole set was less than $200!!!! It is not high quality by any means, but it looks pretty and that is all that counts, right?? And it is sturdy and not recalled, double plus! I have been searching for a nursery set for some time and I either find a crib and changing table, or a crib and dresser, but not all three. Or I do find them but they are waaaaaaay out of our price range. This set was a color I love (espresso) and very pretty. Not exactly what I wanted, but for that price it is a great compromise! And then my grandmother gave us a brand spankin' new rocker/glider in the same dark color for the nursery! I love it!!!

I love seeing it all there in the nursery. It feels "real" yet odd having it there. Each day I go in and look at it and take a moment to pray for this little one. Some days I feel like I am just playing house and that there really is no baby. But then at night I feel this little one swimming around in there and I know that it is real. I have not "popped" yet, but my belly is definitely growing. I wore a sweater on Thursday that covered my stretchy maternity panel in my skirt. I threw on the same outfit this afternoon and it no longer covers the panel. Now if only my B belly would round out to a D everything would be perfect!!!!

8 comments:

  1. What an exciting week! I can't wait to hear what you're having! I'm going to guess GIRL!!
    Way to go on your nursery finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm going to say "GIRL" Glad you got such a bargain on your crib & furniture-YAY FOR YOU! I found out at 16 weeks we were having a girl and they knew right away-the same will happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I visited your blog during a previous ICLW and you weren't pregnant then. (Must have been my first ICLW.) I am so excited to come back and read such wonderful news! I am so excited for you! Congrats on the pregnancy. :D

    Loads of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting - I'm guessing boy! Can't wait to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! Can't wait to hear what you are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is Thursday...is the ultrasound today???

    I am so excited for you to find out! Boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.