Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Commemorative Names

Do you remember that car commercial a few years ago where the mom and daughter were driving around and the mom is explaining to the daughter how she got her name? The daughter was conceived on vacation in Savannah, Georgia so they named her Savannah. Then the girl asks how her sister got her name and she looks up and on the dash is the name of the car......her sister's name. I love that commercial! It got me to thinking how people sometimes choose names for their children to commemorate where they were conceived. So I thought about my choices and realized that there are going to be very few. There is nothing romantic about straws, catheters and petri dishes! Meet my son, Petri. Hmmm....no, I don't care for that. Speculum for a girl? Don't think so. What about Stirrup for a middle name? No, not gonna happen. Hmmm.....I guess that I will have to go with more traditional name like Apple and Pilot.

2 comments:

I love comments! They make me feel important.