Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Come on! Read me. You know you wanna!!

Welcome to my little corner of the world! Today begins October's ICLW. Not sure what that is? Click the link to the left for more info. And if you are wondering what my blog is about, let me tell you. It is about me! And infertility. And how infertility has changed my life. It is also about my journey through fertility treatments which led me to embryo adoption and consequently my beautiful baby girl. But don't worry, just because my daughter is cute as a button it doesn't mean that the blog has become all about her. She is now a part of my life, just as infertility is, and will be a part of my writing, but not the focus.

Now, what you have been waiting for.....more about ME!

*Married to my chubby hubby for 12 years. (I am chubby too, so I can say that)

*TTC for all of those years.

*Hubby has no spermies. I have a smorgasbord of issues: endo, blocked tube, mild PCOS, and my "good" ovary is damaged.

*We had 2 failed adoptions, one of which we had our daughter for 3 months when we had to relinquish her.

*We tried 4 rounds of IUI with donor sperm. No go there either! Even that sperm was defunct. Go figure!

*Last year we began the journey of Embryo Adoption through a local clinic and were very fortunate to have conceived this little beauty on our first try. Madison Grace is now 2 months old.

*Though we are on this side of infertility, it is not over. I am still an infertile girl living is a fertile world.

So please, stick around! I am quite awesome and you really don't want to miss out!!! ;-)

8 comments:

  1. I love that you are back in action with keeping us updated on you. That's awesome. It's interesting though that I feel as you. I'm a mother of three wonderful children and love every minute of it...yet, still live in the infertile world as you. I wonder if this will ever leave my heart? Probably not...It's just where the Lord has me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, visiting for the first time thanks to ICLW :) Two sons via adoption over here, beginning the process for a third child and sorta, kinda, maaaaaybe considering embryo adoption in the future. I'm always happy to read a happy ending to an EA story :) Also I totally understand how you sort of live in both worlds, the child-raising world and the infertile world. Adoption gave me my children but it didn't make us a fertile couple, y'know? We still operate under different rules in order to add to our family, and we still went through a lot to build our families, much more than most people. It really does become a part of your identity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've certainly overcome many obstacles on the way to mommyhood ... An inspiration for sure! Thanks for the introduction and I look forward to getting to know you better! Ya know, 'cause we're more than our spermies and eggs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your recent arrival. I look forward to reading more of you blog :)

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here for ICLW - hi!

    I was seriously considering embryo adoption until we were given a miracle BFP on our 5th IVF cycle. So glad that EA worked for you - congratulations on your precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here for ICLW - hi!

    I was seriously considering embryo adoption until we were given a miracle BFP on our 5th IVF cycle. So glad that EA worked for you - congratulations on your precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first visit to your blog. It sounds like you had a long hard struggle but are so fortunate to have a baby girl with you now!! I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog.It is very inspiring and lets us know that God still answere prayer.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.