Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

and still I cry...

Right after I gave birth to Maddie my hormones were wonky and everything made me cry. Mainly just knowing that we really had a baby was what made me so emotional. It took me so long to believe that she was really ours. Hubby and I would just look at her and the tears would flow. We still have days when our eyes well with tears. Seeing her smile or hearing her coo is the most amazing thing. We both shower her with hugs and kisses every day. It is still very surreal to us that she belongs to us.

Today I was shopping at an outlet mall. I shop there every time we visit family in PA. Usually I stop in a few children's clothing stores to look for clothes for my nieces. Today I was shopping there, but this time for my baby. I could not hold in the tears. I was so overcome with emotions knowing that this little person was mine. The dress I bought was for my daughter, not my brother's. The hat and tights were for my own baby, not a gift for another.

Each and every day I thank God for this little miracle. I feel so underserving of this little one, but thank God for choosing us to be her parents. And in the months and years to come I am sure there will be many more tears of thankfulness for this precious gift.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! So GLAD she is all yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just so glad you have her in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the most amazing feeling! I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and hope that it wasn't the best dream ever...and it turns out it is my life FOR REAL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.