Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, January 1, 2010

A time of "lasts"

My hubby and I are planning a quiet night at home tonight. I am making some crab legs and porterhouse steaks with stuffed mushrooms and Parmesan potatoes. Is your mouth watering yet?? Mine sure is!!! I treasure these times together. Today it dawned on us that this is the last New Year's as a family of two. It was our last Christmas without the pitter patter of little feet. This year will be our last birthdays, our last anniversary and our last Fourth of July without a little one to care for. The thought is a bittersweet one.

Our desire for children has never been to fix a troubled marriage or an unhappy life. The trials of infertility has strengthened our bond as a couple and we have a full and happy life. Children will be an addition to this life. I look forward to the changes that 2010 will bring us. Though I will miss these times with my hubby I am anxious to add to our family!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy each one of those times! The five years before kids are fond fond memories for me! I love each one of them! And so glad you have the mindset and cherishing them! Its a huge adjustment but a very rewarding one! What a great New Year with tons of 1sts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! I totally agree! My hubby and I had a nice quiet night too. Good luck in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.