Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My heart is heavy

A woman that I know through a forum is heavy on my heart right now. She has had several miscarriages and then last year lost her son at @ 22 weeks. Her water broke and he tried to hold on, but he was born too early and lived only a short time. She was able to conceive again and is currently 15 weeks. She is now in the hospital and may lose this baby as well. She had a severe allergic reaction to insulin last night which caused her body to go into anaphylactic shock. By the time the ambulance got to her house she was totally unconscious with no bp and no pulse. The shock caused everything in her body to shut down including baby functioning stuff. The baby went into shock and her water broke. She is stable now and the baby's heart is still strong but they won't know about the fluid until later.

I can't imagine what she is going through right now! Because of previous losses she has been taking every precaution. Everything has been going so well. This was a complete shock. Please pray for her and her little one. I will update once I know more.

3 comments:

I love comments! They make me feel important.