Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Maybe I should let it go gray!

I started getting gray hair in my early 20's. I have naturally dark brown hair (I think) and it is easy to see the wiry, gray hair mingled with my dark tresses. I would color it from time to time but it was not too bad. That all changed in 2005 when I developed large gray chunks and could no longer deny that I must color them, and often. I have heard that stress causes gray hair and I did not believe it, until 2005. That was the year that we had lost Abbie (our daughter, lost through a failed adoption). In the 2 weeks preparing to let her go my hair became unrecognizable. Dying was barely covering it all, so I opted for highlights. At least then the gray hairs look like a "highlighted" strand of hair instead.

Now this baby is causing me gray hair and it has only been 6 weeks since we learned of his existence. I can't imagine what the next 8 months will be like!! Maybe I should just give up and go au natural! Why am I stressing, you ask? Because I woke up spotting again this morning. Previously it was very minor and light pink. This time it was darker red and very noticeable. I noticed it at 7 am and by 9 am it was over. But it was enough to make my heart stop. I love this little one already and it terrifies me of losing him. I am resting today and taking it easy. If it continues I will call my doctor. If he keeps this up, though, my hair may turn so gray that when he is born people are going to think that I am his grandmother, not his mother!!

4 comments:

  1. aww lainey I am so sorry you are having all of this stress! Praying that it stops and you can just enjoy your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can color your hair in the 2nd tri mester. I just did mine and OH it felt good! I'm sure the baby is just wonderful in there. Relax and put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Cant wait for you to get into that 2nd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jess!! Hang in there! We are loving YOU and YOUR BABY right along with you. :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.