Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Updates on, well, everything

*This past Saturday was my MIL's memorial. It went very well. I was worried about the 10 hour trip with Maddie but we bought her a mobile DVD and it was the best investment EVER!!! Maddie kept everyone laughing which was what we needed.

*I posted before that I have never met my real dad. He contacted me via FB and wants to meet. I put it off for a few months and finally called him tonight. We will be meeting on Saturday. Not sure how I feel about it.

*I called the clinic for our upcoming FET (hopefully in a few months) and left a message. She should call me tomorrow with details. I have started taking my folic acid in preparation. It feels good to be doing something.

*We found out that hubby has a severe vitamin D deficiency. The worst that the doc has ever seen. This could be part of the reason that he is having trouble losing weight. His testosterone is low too and he is being referred to an endocrinologist. This can hinder weight loss too. He had it checked a few years ago by a urologist for fertility issues and they dismissed it as being caused by weight issues. The doc is not sure so she wants him to be thoroughly checked. Maybe this will help with his spermies too. With my luck we will have twins with the FET then I will start popping out kids like a fertile after that! LOL A girl can dream, can't she?!?!

*Maddie has started talking which is a relief. We have been worried about that but she decided over the weekend to tell me "no, no", "get out", and "up". All said during the memorial service. Crazy kid!

I think that about sums things up. I will update once I talk to the clinic coordinator about EA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me feel important.