Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

February ICLW....Welcome!

Hello out there fellow ICLWers! Welcome to my teeny tiny corner of the world. I am Jess and I am infertile. Sounds like something you say at an AA meeting. But it is what it is. The hubby and I have a bagillion fertility challenges. All of them I think: azoospermia, endo, PCOS, blocked tube and damaged ovary. I still have my uterus which is my only saving grace. After 11 years of ttc (this includes 4 failed IUIs with donor sperm) and 2 failed adoption attempts we finally decided to try embryo adoption with anonymously donated embies. In December 2009 I saw something that I thought that I would never, ever see: Two Pink Lines. It took 9 pregnancy tests, 2 Betas and an ultrasound for me to finally believe it. In August of 2010 we welcomed our little miracle into our lives, Maddie Grace.

Fast forward 18 months and we are wanting to complete our family by doing EA again. A few weeks ago we were matched with 2 embryos and are in the process of doing all of the preliminary work. If things work out we will transfer them this summer.

So that is me! I can't wait to meet all of you and read your stories. So stop in, take a seat and enjoy the ride! It is never boring around here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Visiting from ICLW. I really don't know much about embryo adoption, but am excited to read more of your story.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.