Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, February 13, 2012

IF is always unfair, isn't it??

Let me preface this post by saying that I am very thankful for my daughter and very thankful for the opportunity to try for baby #2 (and maybe #3).

Now, onto infertility unfairness. Last week I placed a call with the RE's office that I will need to go to for the FET. It is where the embryos are currently stored. I called on Tuesday and left a message. Apparently this was not the person that I was to speak with as they called back and referred me to another person. That was Wednesday. A message was given to the new person that same day and I called again on Friday to leave a voice mail. Nothing. I am still waiting. And I am irritated. This new person is only in the office 3 days a week so I have to wait to call her later in the week.

At this point there is nothing that I can do to further the process. I have no idea what local clinic they will allow me to work with. I know that we need a psych evaluation but am not sure the specifications on that. I am sure that we will both need blood work and I would like to at least get started on that. And I have a history of polyps and would like to get checked a surgery date scheduled if needed. But instead I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs, waiting.

Then I started thinking about all that must be done before I even get a chance at a pregnancy. And a chance is all that it is. There are no guarantees. We all go through so much! The tests, the pokes, the prods, the surgeries, the travel time. It really can be so overwhelming!!! I wonder if people really understand just how strong you have to be to be infertile!

While it really is unfair I try to remind myself that even if it does not work it will be okay. God is in control and it will be fine. I will be sad, but I will be fine.

3 comments:

  1. I can SO relate! We adopted our embryos in September and we thought we'd finally be doing a March transfer. Instead, I'll be having surgery to remove polyps in March and hopefully be doing an April transfer. While the last delay is for medical reasons, many of the previous delays were waiting, waiting, and waiting for people to do their job! Grr...

    Praying while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so tired of playing phone tag with doctor's offices sometimes! I was thrilled to learn that I could contact my nurse via email, which has made things so much simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you under my bed when I say my prayers? I can sooooo related to you right now and I wish that we couldn't comeserate on this. :( To get started on a protocol...we had a over the phone psyh. consult with the counselor in Seattle....she gave us the end of March for the time we can expect a report from her.:( Those brick walls that are put before us...tax me so. It pains me to know that this is the only thing holding us back from initially starting.
    I'm sorry for your brick wall Jess.

    DeAnne

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.