Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dear Skinny Fertile Chick,

It was a pleasure meeting you today. I enjoyed seeing all three of your children, all under the age of five. Their screaming and whining was endearing. And your 23 year old body that was back in pre-pregnancy shape was definitely something to be admired. You are an inspiration to those of us that are infertile. Your look of surprise when I informed you that the baby clothes that I was purchasing was for my baby was adorable. I especially wanted to thank you for pointing out that I do not look pregnant. At all. That really made me feel great! I assume that you meant I looked fabulous, not that I just looked fat. At least, that it is that way that I interpreted the remark.

I also want to thank you for taking the time to inform me on how fertile you are. It is amazing that you can get pregnant when your husband just looks at you. WOW! I am impressed!!! And here I thought that at the very least sex was involved. How wrong I was! But now I know better for next time. This tidbit of information will save me thousands of dollars. Maybe I too can become a virtual Pez dispenser and pop put a baby every 18 months.

I look forward to seeing you again so that I can hear you expound on the details of your fertility.

Sincerely,
Infertile Myrtle

6 comments:

  1. Ugh! That's the worst! What I love is when people hear about your infertility and then tell you the whole "all my husband had to do was look at me and I was knocked up" thing. Ugh!

    I'm so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry:-( It sucks even more when it's your own flesh & blood sister. My sister has even went so far as to tell me that she will never understand why God let her be the one who could have babies and not me. To which I answered,"me too." As a matter of fact, I am the only one in my (large) family who is naturally infertile. Even science can't explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky she is that's all she has to do to get pregnant, as I'm sure she's not as strong as you and could never had lasted your journey. Tank you - I love a good oportunity to be judgemental about Skinny Fertile Chicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh the ignorance of the fertile world. Did you flip her off to her back? I would have. Or muttered "F'er" as I walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you had a run-in with HER. We all know HER, Miss "OOPS, I'm pregnant AGAIN!" At least you were shopping for YOUR BABY!!! HOORAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.