Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, April 2, 2010

crib bedding....HELP!!!!!

Now that I know we are having a girl I am trying to plan the nursery. Everything, and I mean everything, that I like is boy. I have searched for hours and cannot find a girl set that I like that will match my furniture. The few that I have liked have black in them and my furniture is dark brown.Espresso to be exact. Also, the walls are a tan-ish beige and because we hope to sell before the baby is born (or soon after) I don't want to paint them. I want something that is not too "themed" (butterflies, bears, etc). My niece's nursery is pink and brown and I would prefer something a little different. I like modern and trendy but not gender neutral. I need some help!!! I also don't want to spend $500!! I would like to keep it under $200 if possible. Can anybody hep me?????? I need ideas! Links! To win the lottery so I can hire a designer!

8 comments:

  1. Here are a few sites I remeber checking out when I was looking:
    babybedding.com I think they have serveral sets aroun $150 and babysupermall.com has a clearance section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.thebabydaily.com/girls-crib-bedding.html
    I'm not good at this "shopping for baby thing" as I try to avoid is as much as possible. I just remember this store being really modern and loving it! GL and I'm so proud of you and all you've been through. And thanks for the support...bunless

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=62438&CatID=63851&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=167502f&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=62438%7c62644%7c63849&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=63&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=62438|62644|63849|63851 ... This is really cool! A little over the 200 dollar limit.. but sooo pretty but not pink/purple frillie. Something different.. Very cool. I think it would look great with your furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marisa, I love that set too! I just thought that it was black, but upon closer inspection it is brown. Thanks for finding it. I am going to wait until my next ultrasound in 4 weeks before I buy it though. Just in case they were wrong and it really is a boy. Don't want to spend that much if I can't use it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is super duper cute, but I have no idea what the cost is: http://www.bananafishinc.com/prodpg.php?product_id=1185

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Target and Ebay. I found the set I will be getting at Target. They have a lot of choices resonably priced. I also found my other girls (she's 5 now) bedding on ebay-entire crib set-darling! JO JO designs on ebay are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely Understand! The more I look at the set the more I love it and I liked it when I first saw it!ha ha! So cute and different!! I hope you end up getting it! Yay!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what we're having yet... but I also don't want a "themed" nursery. I found that Restoration Hardware has a baby section (they have a website) and their designs are really cute. They might be more expensive, but they do have a sale section.
    Also, my friend suggested to me to buy fabric and have the bedding made - although that would probably get expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.