Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, March 28, 2011

scrambleed eggs..... in the hoonie??

When you have a child you say and do things that you never thought possible. These little creatures are into everything!! I am constantly telling Maddie "No, no, we don't lick the dog." or "Maddie, please don't put the cat fur in your mouth." And then there are the boogers you have to dig out, poopy foot prints you have to dodge and every random item you have to fish out of their mouths. Kids are kinda nasty!!! Today I had to dig scrambled eggs out of Maddie's hoonie. And her bum crack. I am sure you are now wondering how this happened, so let me enlighten you.

I was getting ready to feed her scrambled eggs and because she is the messiest eater I stripped her down to her diaper. Of course it was then that I noticed poo coming out the diaper and had to go and change her. She currently has a yeast infection from her antibiotics so I had the bright idea of allowing her to eat naked. I laid a towel down on her high chair and let her go to town. What I did not consider was the fact that the eggs would fall in her lap. And her lap was, well, naked. So the eggs found there way into every crack and crevice. Pun intended! So when we were finished I had to dig eggs out of places that I never thought that I would ever see eggs. Or any food for that matter. Good times! Good time!

While she was eating I was able to get a few cute photos. She sure does love to eat eggs!!

Photobucket

This one I absolutely love:

Photobucket

I then edited it a bit with an app on my phone:

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. It took me forever to figure out what a hoonie was when I first read through (the "bum crack" helped out once I stopped and read further). It's so odd to me to not use "real" words for genital parts. My mom was big on using the appropriate words and that's the mom I am too. Once I figured it out, I laughed so hard I spit coke through my nose. Fun times. One night, I heard Peter say "What is THAT???" It ended up being a partially eaten chocolate cookie (so you can imagine what it looked like) on Maya's foot. He thought that she had pooped and it had dripped down her leg, out her pants, and onto her foot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking at the photos and trying not to remember where the scrambled egg has gone! She's looking so much more mature!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me LOL! So glad DH isn't here to ask what I'm laughing at...wouldn't want to try explaining this one to him! Kids are messy--and that's an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! Abby looooves scrambled eggs too -- but I haven't found them down there yet! :) Those pictures are adorable, I love her dark hair and eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny and too cute :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious!! Wait til you dig stuff out of ears and noses!! ha ha! And I mean stuff that should NEVER go there.. MnM's, Popcorn kernels! ha ha! So fun!!

    And I LOVE!!!!!!!!!! That last pic! OMW is that great or what! And what a beautiful girl she is!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.