Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Bad Hair Day

Photobucket

Maddie had her EEG last week. The test itself was painless but you would have thought that we were torturing the poor child. She does not care to be restrained. At all! I ain't nevah heard screamin' like that before! She feel asleep crying and even sobbed in her sleep. It broke my mommy heart. They observed her for 30 minutes while sleeping and then they did a flashing light test. She thought it was a camera flash and giggled during that one. Thankfully there was no visible evidence of seizures and now we are just waiting for the results, which I should have tomorrow.

After the test they removed the electrodes the gel caused her hair to stand straight up. I couldn't resist a photo. My 8 year old niece was with is and she took this photo with me holding her and trying to stay out of the photo, though it is not easy being a big girl and all.

Photobucket

Just seeing her like this was sad. Not so much for me because this was temporary and painless. It made em sad for the mommas that have sick babies. A good friend of mine is currently with her 10 month old in the hospital. Her baby had brain surgery last week and had a large portion of her brain removed due to a disease that causes severe seizures. Seeing your little one having to go through testing and procedures is heart breaking. Some mommas have to deal with it all of the time. It makes me appreciate health so much more and pray for those with health issues even more.

4 comments:

  1. So glad that things appear to be ok with Maddie - praying that things are alright :) BTW: Love her monthly pictures - she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything looked okay! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the appt went well and I hope you get great results today. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news so far! I hope it continues to go that way. Poor little baby. It really does break your heart when they cry like that. And I agree, perspective is such good medicine sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.