Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Operation Baby Fund has begun!

Today I opened up the Baby Fund! We decided to open a separate checking account for our baby fund. Last time we just put it in savings and moved it as needed. This got to be a pain when we wrote a check and it took quite some time to clear (there was no one there that day [Sunday] to run a credit card) and we had to make sure we didn't spend that money on accident. Now I will have a debit card to use and checks if necessary and the only thing the account is used for is the transfer and testing.  It felt GREAT to take this first step. We opened the account with $250 and I have another $50 in Paypal to transfer over to it as well. So $300 to start and $1700 to go.

I am planning a yard sale in mid April and hope to raise another $200 from that. I have a few things to post on Craigslist, but not a lot. Maybe another $100 or so. Still trying to figure out how else we will raise the rest of the money in 2 months. There is still the option of selling hubby's kidney. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great first step! Must feel great! Love your comment about selling the hubby's kidney =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know several people who've asked friends/family/businesses for donations and had an online auction. Our church youth group did that and raised over $4000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just set one up for us.. Go to gofundme.com and set a page up for you. That way people can help out :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you guys as you work towards your goal. I'm a Thirty-one consultant and if you're interested I'd be happy to do an on-line/catalog party for you as a fundraiser, I would donate my 25% commission of the party sales to your fund. Let me know if it's something your interested in, if not no worries, just wanted to offer. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions if you want to shoot me an email at rebecca.keunen@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrapping. Metal, copper, steel, et we go out on bulk trash day (here its 2 x a wk) and collect stuff. We donate stuff to our local prison moms house, where they care for the babies till the moms can. We find gold which brings in quite a bit. Silver. Antiques and so on. Its also fiun. We make up to 500 some mos. Also, new reader here, Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.