Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I am frumptastic!

I did it. I have done the one thing I said I would never do. I am frumpy. There. I said it. And I am not happy about it.  I have always said that no matter what I would not become a frumpy mom. Now don't get me wrong I shower every day and I kinda fix my hair and I wear make-up every day. Not a lot, but enough to cover the worst of it. But I have put on about 15 pounds in the last year and now my clothes are snug. I used to enjoy buying clothes but between keeping Maddie in clothes and shoes and saving for another cycle it is hard for me to spend money on myself. And I thought that I would be wearing maternity this summer so I gave little thought to buying new clothes.

 And then there is my hair. I used to take such pride in my hair. I kept it cut, colored and styled. Now I have this unruly mop sitting on top of my head. In my defense I am trying to grow it out and really thought that I would be pregnant right now and it would have grown like crazy. But it is not growing. Well at least not down, but it is growing out. I have curly hair and it is becoming a bit of a fro. Scary!!!

Another issue is my shoes. I lurve shooes!!! Sexy shoes. Cute shoes. High heeled shoes. Brand name shoes. My goal in life is to own a pair of Jimmy Choo heals. And a pair of Christian Louboutin. Ooooh! I love those. But after having Maddie I now have plantar fasciitis. I had to buy a pair of orthotic sandals last year. **hangs head in shame** I now shop for comfort. And each time I wear them I die a little inside. I miss my 3 inch sexy heels.

I am determined to change this! I am a SAHM that cares for 3 other children (all 4 are under 3 years old) so getting out of the frumps is not going to be easy. But I will do it!!! I am also working on losing weight. I am down 8 lbs (can I get a woot! woot!) but have many more to go. And while I can't spend much money on clothes right now while trying to save up for our next cycle, I can weed out some clothes and try to update some of what I have. And it is time to schedule a hair cut. My stylist is amazing and very inexpensive!!! I just need to make the time and get it done. Hopefully I will get out of this frump soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I so feel your pain!! It's the worst to wake up one day and find this frump truth to be true. Once I have this last baby, I am committed to working on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Woot! Nice job on those 8 pounds!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.