Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

capturing memories

Maddie is at that age where just about everything she does is adorable. The climbing and destruction, not so much. But everything else is. I wish the days came with a pause and slow motion option so that I could make it last longer. Since I can't freeze time I am trying to find creative ways to capture the memories. I will share what I am doing and you can share what you do so I can steal your ideas as well.

*Photos. Obviously! And lots of them.

*Photo books. One for the pregnancy and birth and one for each year.

*Video. Hubby is making a dvd of video clips and photos and we will put the video in the back of her book.

*A baby book.

*Memory book. This is a book I started where I write down funny things that she says and does. This way we can go back through it one day and remember all of the little things that were important to us at the time.

So what do you do?

2 comments:

  1. I love the ideas! I'm crazy with my iPhone capturing videos and photos, but I'm terrible about doing something with them! I really need to dedicate a day to printing pictures and organizing! Good for you for being on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you in my recent blog post... check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.