Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Beta Day!!!

Today was beta day and the nurse called to tell me that I am officially pregnant!! My beta was 55. Next beta is on Tuesday, then u/s in about 2 weeks. I will feel much better once we get past all of this part. But I am super excited!! I can't believe that I am pregnant!!!

I am feeling pretty well. I do have these insane hormonal surges. I will get insanely crabby and a hot flash. It doesn't last long, but it is really awful while it is happening. My boobs hurt and I am tired, but all in all I feel fine.

Tomorrow is Maddie's birthday party. It was a pain to plan because I had to know when I was going to FL before we could set a date. Once I knew that we decided on August 31 to give me a week after my trip to recover. We have had the mildest August weather ever so we planned an outside party at a park. I rented the pavillion, hired a princess (Cinderella) to make an appearance, and got everything ready. Then last week a heat wave started. And it ends Sunday. The day AFTER her party. Tomorrow is supposed to be 98 degrees with a heat index over 105. Lovely. Just lovely! I can't reschedule and there is no place affordable or available to move it to. So we will suck it up and just do it, but do it quickly. I will take it easy and though it won't be everything I had hoped it would be, it will still be fun. But what crappy weather! And with my hot flashes it should be really fun.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Jess! I am so happy for you guys. Take it easy tomorrow and try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!
    I hear ya on the weather! I'll be thinking about you, good luck, take it easy and drink plenty of liquids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Awesome beta! Hope the birthday party was a blast today despite the hot weather!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.