Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mono and MRSA

What a combo, huh?? I have mono and Maddie is being tested for MRSA. Let me back up and start at the beginning...

I posted a week or so ago about my Maddie and I both being sick. I had had a very bad sore throat that I went to the Urgent Care for and was given antibiotics for a sinus infection. I began to feel better a day or so later but then the symptoms returned. I went to the doctor yesterday and they tested me for mono. Imagine my surprise when it came back positive!! I really assumed that is was strep since I never had a fever nor have I been fatigued. Well, at least not more than normal. Considering my daughter is an insomniac I have no idea what "normal" is anymore.

Now onto the MRSA. Maddie has been unable to shake her ear infection despite 2 oral antibiotics and antibiotic drops. We had a follow up with her ENT and he said that there was a lot of fluid in her ears (even with the drainage) and he suctioned it out. He then took a culture to have it tested for MRSA. We get the results tomorrow. He also gave her new ear drops which seemed to have helped so I am hoping that there is not a staph infection. But if there is it will explain why she has had so many issues with her ears.

That about sums up my life right now! Doctors, doctors, doctors!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! Jess, I have had mono and I CAN NOT imagine having it while having a little one to take care of. Hoping both of you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jess. So sorry that you are both so sick. I'll keep you in my prayers. In the meantime, is there someone who can come over and be on Maddie duty while you get some rest over the next few days or nights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! I am so sorry to hear that, so scary! I am thinking about you and praying for your alls quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.