Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pea Green with Envy

One of my favorite movies is Gone with the Wind and my second favorite line is "Pea green with envy". My first favorite line is "I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies". Maybe because for so many years I really didn't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!! Now that I birthed one I am back to pea green with envy....again.

I am a member of the August 2010 birth board on Baby Center and it is really nice to have women to talk to that have a baby in the same stage as my little one. We can commiserate on sleepless nights and poop explosions or offer advice on feeding. Or we can post photos of how cute our babies are, which mine is the cutest one on there. I know she is and they are all jealous. ;-) But what I cannot relate to are all of the NEW pregnancy posts. So many of them are pregnant or trying to get pregnant right now. Or if not they want a winter baby and will get pregnant in a month or so. They say it like it is so easy. Well, I guess for them it is easy. And that makes me sad. Sad for me. Sad for all of us that struggle with infertility. Though I am now able to relate to so many topics I am still the outsider on the reproductive part of it all. Darn their fertile bodies! Actually, darn my infertile one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me feel important.