Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Appointment w/a Neurologist

About 2 months ago I noticed that Maddie would shake her head back and forth. I know that babies do this but this was....different. It was more like a tremor. At first I passed it off as normal baby behavior until she did it in her sleep. At her last check up I mentioned it and the doctor did not seem too concerned. That is until I jokingly called it her "Parkinson shake". Then the doctor's face just changed. Nothing too alarming, but enough to know that she was going to want it checked out. Tomorrow Maddie will be seeing a neurologist to evaluate whether further testing is needed.

There are times when I second guess what I have seen, wondering if it is just that I am a new mom and overreacting. And while I am not overly concerned I don't want to ignore it and will pursue whatever the doctor deems necessary. I don't want to look back a year from now and regret not getting her checked and have to deal with something serious that could have been prevented or treated now.

If you have a moment please pray that Maddie is fine. Or that if she is not that the doctor will find it so that we can deal with it. I will update tomorrow afternoon.

11 comments:

  1. Hoping all is well! It's so hard knowing when to worry and when not to worry - but having it checked out is the best thing you can do. ((HUGS)) Sorry you have to go through this stressful wait looking for answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your sweet little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that everything is fine...and if there is something that it is easily corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for her and hoping all is fine.... -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lifting her up in my prayers tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for sweet Maddie!

    I think it s a good idea to get it checked out too! I hope it is nothing, but if it is something you want to know ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better safe than sorry! Keep us posted. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying and please let us know how the appt went.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.