Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Infertility is like a hemorrhoid

We have a man in our life that is the epitome of "Grumpy Old Man". He is one of those that complain just to complain. For some reason he has decided to share that he has a "hemorrhoid the size of a walnut" with us. I know, TMI. I didn't need to know that tidbit of useless information either. Why I made the correlation to infertility I will never know!! But here is why infertility is like a hemorrhoid:

You never wake up thinking "this is going to hurt today" but inevitably, it does.

No matter where you go, it is always "hanging around".

Though it does not completely prohibit you from activities, it does make you consider how uncomfortable said activity might make you and you make a decision accordingly.

No one really wants to hear about your "issue".

It is a pain that is completely real but because others can not see it, they do not think it exists or that it really matters.

Once it is removed from you there is instant relief.

And last but not least: They are both a pain in the butt!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Yeah no body wants to hear about the 'Roids!" But I do love reading your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.