Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting closer!

I had another follow-up today from my surgery. During this visit I got to meet the coordinator for the embryos. She is awesome!!! There is one couple ahead of us and once they choose their embies we get to choose ours. AHHH! (that was a happy scream) I told the coordinator that I was not particular but that I prefer a cute baby if at all possible. She laughed and said that she would do her best. She gave me two packs of bcp's and will call me when it is time to start them. Probably during my next cycle......in 4 weeks. AAHHHHH!!!! (that was a scared scream!!)

It is really starting to feel real to me. Very real. And slightly scary. I am doing my best to rest in Him, but sheesh! That is not easy!! I am a planner. I make lists and plan in advance. Nothing in my life has gone as planned! Yet I persevere and still plan. Right now I am planning on how to pay for this and I still have no idea how it will happen. My hubby is the eternal optimist and keeps telling me that the money will be provided. I live somewhere between realism and pessimism and I can't relax until the entire amount is my account. I am checking the Kelly Blue Book price of my car just in case we need to sell it. I am wanting to get my wedding ring appraised just in case. Hubby is not having any of it. They are right when they say opposites attract!

So in the next month or so I will start bcp and have an appointment to review the protocol for the FET. And choose the embies. Our potential babies. That is so weird to say!! AHHHHH!!! (that was another happy scream with a little apprehension mixed in!)

7 comments:

  1. VERY EXCITING! Can't wait to hear about all your next steps! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Please keep us updated- I agree with Honey, God will provide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I stumbled onto your blog when coming from stepping stones. I was active there a long time ago, but only lurk now. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and enjoyed reading over some of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beth! Good to see you! I miss you on SS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, I didn't realize it was you until I got to your blog about Abby. Then it all came back to me. So glad that I found you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you found me too!! I really do miss you over there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.