Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, January 14, 2013

An Award!

I love awards! They make me feel special. ;) A bloggy friend, Ashley at Expecting Miracles nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks a bunch, Ashley!!!!

Photobucket

This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.

If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow...

1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves

2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked

3)Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate

4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post

5)Bloggers must be notified of their award!

6) No tag backs!


Okay, first up: 11 things about me!

1. I hate reality TV. It is a waste of time. All but Duck Dynasty. I can laugh at it but I never turn it on, but hubby loves it. Don't tell him I like it.

2. I am incredibly OCD about things.....at work. When I worked anyway. But at home I am messy. My house is clean, but it gets cluttered. I hate it but I also hate trying to organize it.

3. I graduated in a class of one. Yes, uno, one, 1. It was a super tiny Christian school and I was the only graduate.

4. I have weird phobias. I hate balloons, chalk and light bulbs. I am a freak, I know.

5. I love doing DIY projects. Hubby hates it as I usually screw it up and have to hire someone to fix it. But it was fun trying.

6. My hubby cracks me up. We are actually quite hilarious together. Imagine two jolly chubby people ripping on each other. We are sarcastic and mean to each other and think that we should have our reality show. That I wouldn't watch cause I hate reality shows. 

7. I can drive a stick shift. Not well though. When my niece was 6 she asked if we could take her uncles care because it didn't go back and forth like my car. 

8. I have never tried deer meat nor will I ever. Or rabbit. Or squirrel. Or crab legs. If the local grocery store doesn't sell it I won't eat it. Nor will I kiss hubby after he eats it. 

9. I am a creative type. I love to make things and do projects. I imagine myself you would pin on Pinterest though I know it is not the case. But a girl can dream!

10. Growing up I wanted to be a teacher or a lawyer. As I got older I really wanted to be a lawyer and was considering pursuing it but decided to get married and be a SAHM. Yeah, should have gotten that law degree! LOL

11. I want to write a book about infertility and my journey. I don't know if anyone would read it, but I would still like to give it a go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley's 5 questions:

1. If you had to choose one of your 5 senses to give up, which would you choose? taste....maybe I would finally lose weight ;)
2. What is one thing on your Christmas wish list this year? a massage...and I got it! WOOT!
3. What was your favorite subject in high school? Least favorite? Fave: English, least fave: Science
4. If you were a crayon, which color would you be? black...it is slimming
5. What is your favorite home cooked meal? salisbury steak and mashed potatoes
6. What is your favorite movie of all time? American President
7. Do you have any tattoos? nope
8. Have you ever traveled out of the country? nope...unless Canada counts
9. What is your dream vacation? Hawaii or Ireland
10. What scripture or quote has been the most encouraging/inspiring to you in life? hmmmm....can't think of anything off the top of my head
11. What is one of your goals for 2013? get organized
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My questions for the nominees:

1. Do you have any siblings?
2. Which season do you love best?
3. What is your favorite genre of television shows?
4. What is your fave activity?
5. Desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone...which do you prefer?
6. If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
7. If you owned a private jet where would you go tonight for dinner?
8. Are you musically inclined?
9. If you could change your career choice would you? And to what?
10. Do you shave your legs int he winter?
11. Real or fake Christmas tree?

And the nominees are......drum roll please...............


1. Tanya at Our Life Journey
4. Shannon at Room for More
5. Lara at Living Our Miracle
8. Kimberly at No Good Eggs
9. Jennifer at Aaron and Jennifer


4 comments:

  1. Well thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh! I got nominated for something! :)

    I must say I did laugh out loud about the car going back and forth--hubby asked what I was laughing about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I would be eating deer meat but I love it!!! You should definitely try it sometime. It's a lot leaner than burger, too. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.