Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

being fluffy ain't so bad!

I am a member of the August 2010 birth board/group on Baby Center. Because I am due at the end of the month I am a few weeks behind some of the other women on there, but we are now all in our 3rd trimester. Post after post on there are about how uncomfortable they are right now and I realized how lucky I am! Being that I started out fluffy I am used to carrying extra weight around. One complained because she could no longer see her feet. Heck, I haven't seen mine in years! Ever heard of a full length mirror? And someone complained because they couldn't touch their toes. Now really, why do you need to touch your toes? What does that accomplish?? Is it to paint them? I quit buying my own polish a long time ago and now let the local nail salon take care of that for me. And they do a fine job. I think. I can't see them so what do I know?!?!

I can still get out of bed easily. Been doin' it for years. I can roll over fine. When you are round it is pretty easy to roll. I can even sleep on my stomach. Not flat on it, but kind of on the side kind of on the front. When something falls to the floor, I squat. Not new to me. My belly was big before so my center was off before, so that hasn't changed. Stretch marks don't scare me. Been there, done that! Can't see your hoo-ha? Do you really want to?? I got a mirror and peeked the other day. Believe me when I say that you aren't missing anything. I swear it looks like something out of a sci-fi movie now! It will give you nightmares!!! My hubby calls mine Na-Nu Na-Nu. From Mork & Mindy. Because they are aliens. Get it? Yeah, he is hilarious. Boobs sagging?? Don't wanna hear it! Mine haven't been perky since I took off the training bra. And until they touch my knees I won't complain.

The only thing that has really changed for me is that now I try to look bigger, not smaller. So all in all, being fluffy is not so bad when you are pregnant. Now after the baby is born is a different story!

11 comments:

  1. LOL! Love it! My mom was just telling me the other day that I will be happy to be tall and bigger when I'm far along, because she doesn't recall ever complaining as much as the skinny preggos she knew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to look on the bright side. lol Isn't it funny how we go these 9 months trying to look bigger? It cracks me up. What cracks me up even more is once the baby is born, we can't get small fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You paint an interesting picture! I'm not sure just how big "fluffy" is. You might just have to post a belly picture! Way to be the optimist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! And oh so true! Another nice thing is us fluffy women tend to not gain as much weight as alot of super skinny pregnant women. So when other people see them big.. they are like WHOA! ha ha! And then us they are like wow you are doing great since we pretty much look the same size!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I was feeling down on myself about my weight and you really cheered me up! Thanks! And glad you have such a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. I've been trying to find blogs and BBC threads on embryo adoption because I am 14 weeks prego with our 2nd child through embryo adoption. Our first child is our own bio child through a long infertility battle.
    Anyway...just wanted to say "hi" and congrats. I am happy to see there are more people than just me that have done this. It is still relatively uncommon so I don't have any people IRL that I can talk to. Oh...and I scrolled down and saw the iPregnancy APP...I am soooo downloading it right NOW!!!!! too cool.
    Karaleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, MY!!! I SO needed that laugh today!!! Thank you!! Hope I get to be "fluffy" pg again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear the 3rd trimester is agreeing with you. You're too funny :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.