Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, February 8, 2013

The next steps...and some great news!

On Wednesday I received the call that my beta was negative. The call came from a nurse that I had never spoken to before. She was nice though. On Thursday the donor embryo coordinator/nurse that I usually deal with (Nan) called to check on me. I thought that this was so incredibly kind and thoughtful. She just wanted to know how I was doing and to let me know that she was sorry that it was negative. I can't tell you how much that meant to me! Anyone that has called this clinic knows how busy this nurse is and how difficult it can be to get a call back and for her to take a moment to call me for no reason other to check on me meant the world to me.

While I had her on the phone I asked about my other 2 blasts. Originally we had 8 embryos (6 day 3's and 2 blasts) and they thawed all of the day 3 embryos to allow them to grow to blasts. The day of the transfer I was told that only 2 made it to blasts and that the other 4 did not grow. While I am thankful to still have 2 blasts I was a bit scared about what would happen if one or both did not survive the thaw. So I asked her about the 2 blasts and she said that it looked like we had three, not two. I was surprised to hear this but not ready to get my hopes up yet. She told me she would have to check with the embryologist and get back to me. She called a bit later and said that she was wrong, there was not 3 blasts. There was four!!!!!!! I was super happy to hear this!

My next step is to schedule my post-IVF consult with the RE to discuss our next attempt. Once I do that I will know a bit more. I am also waiting for a call back from the financial office to find out the fees for the second try. But for now I am just excited that things look good for another try!!!

9 comments:

  1. That is great news:) So happy to hear it! Hopefully the financial news will be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jess, is AMAZING and WONDERFUL news. The fact that the Lord had this busy nurse call you and then you found out this information should reassure you of your Lord's tender care for you and the hope that you hold to that you have FOUR little babies waiting to come out of the freezer. I loved reading this post. Hugs Jess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Just think, we are coming into spring and yard sale season. Much money can be raised with a yard sale/bake sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear your news but glad you have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for good news! Thinking of you this week as you process the not so good news. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whohoo for great news! This is what you need right now. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.