Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

To test? Or not to test?

That is the question. Tomorrow is 5dp6dt and the time that I got a bfp last time and when I will begin testing this time. If you had asked me yesterday if I was pregnant I would have said that I was confidant that I was. Before my trip I had purchased two bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs. I ate one on the way (they were individual ones so don't judge) and they were delish. I lurve those candies. Yesterday I ate the second bag and I didn't like them. When I was pregnant with Maddie I didn't like chocolate either. But today I don't feel pregnant. I know, I know, it is too soon to "feel" anything. But I can't help but doubt. And maybe even worry a bit.

I plan on testing tomorrow morning. I have had several people tell me that I am brave for testing. I was kind of surprised that more people don't test. I can't help it, I have to test. I am compulsive about it. So do you test? And when do you start if you do?

8 comments:

  1. Will you be 5dp5dt tomorrow? I got a very very faint + on 5dp5dt. Then each day after the line got a bit darker. When is your blood test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my 1st FET, I didn't take a HPT at all. I regretted that decision because the news that we had lost our babies for the first time on the nurse's phone call was very hard. So, I made sure to test for my 2nd FET. I took two digital tests on 10dp5dt and 11dp5dt and got positives. Sadly, my first beta at 12dp5dt was only a 6, so I had miscarried. For my 3rd FET, I didn't want to test before my beta and get a positive and our hopes up only to have my beta numbers be low again. But, I also didn't want the nurse's phone call to be the first time I heard the news. So, I waited the entire 13dp5dt and drove to my beta that morning. I immediately came home and took a HPT and saw two lines (very dark!), so I knew the call would be a good one later that day...and it was 1123! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to... I tested with a FRER on day 5.5 (it was 3 am) post 5 day transfer and it was BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I have EVER tested is when the doctor's office made me test before I started meds for a new cycle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. After my first BFN at 5dp5dt with my first failed FET, I got gun shy about testing because it was a lot more devastating than I expected it to be. I didn't even take a test with the next two transfers, even when I knew I was pregnant.

    With IUIs, I have to test because they don't schedule betas unless the hpt is positive after IUIs at my clinic.

    In my experience, early testing is only fun when you get a good result. I have never been glad I tested early with BFNs.

    So that's my experience in a nutshell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tested 10p5dt and got a BFP. I did two tests that morning and never tested again. I have been blessed to never have a BFN after a FET so I don't have much to compare. Praying for a good result for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH...I am a total "cycle cheater" as the nurse at my clinic called me. When I did IVF....I start testing at like 4dpt just to monitor the HCG trigger out of my system. I watch the positive line get gradually lighter and disappear. Once the line is gone...then I wait one day and start testing again to see if it shows back up and I am PG. For FET with no trigger....I start testing at 5dp5dt. I got my BFP at 7dp5dt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't test with either of the last 2 transfers. Just transferred our 3rd and final embryo yesterday and I think I am going to wait again. As far as I am concerned, I am PUPO and I don't want a negative pregnancy test to spoil that for me....:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.