Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Countdown begins

So much is happening so quickly! We officially chose our embryos today. We are the proud parents to 2 blasts and 6 day three embryos. It ended up being an easy decision as the other one that we were interested in had already been spoken for. That was exactly what we had prayed for and we are at peace that we have the embryos that were meant for us to use.

Today I also had my initial blood work done (infectious disease, thyroid, blood type). The nurse is mailing out my RX's and instructions. The first signs of AF are here so I will be calling my local clinic tomorrow to schedule my SHG. Once that is completed (and all goes well I pray) we wait for my next cycle to start and away we go! Yes, that is right, my next cycle. In October!!! I am a bit nervous as this time I will use just Vivelle patches and progesterone. Last time I used both of those plus bcp's, lupron, Estrace, and Heparin. There will be no suppression this time, just following my natural cycle. But I will leave it in the doctor's and God's hands.

So in 6-7 weeks I should be boarding a plane to meet my embies. I could be pregnant by Halloween!!! How crazy is that?!?!?!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! We have similar embryo stories.. I have 6 day 3 and 3 blasts! So crazy! I'm so happy it was an easy decision. It's funny how things just work out! Things are moving along so quickly! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! No lupron either this time? Weird! It makes me a little bit nervous but I guess if things go wrong they are frozen right so we just start again!
    Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My EA cycles were only estrogen and progesterone. And our beautiful adopted snowflake will be 1 next week!! Don't let that be an added stress...
    So excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.