Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

allowing myself to get excited

We have been hoping to pursue EA again this year and try for baby number two (and maybe three). Hubby has been super excited and can't wait to get started but I have been a bit reserved. Life has ca-razy!!! I am caring for my nieces and Maddie all day, taking hubby to therapy most days, working my ministries at church, and taking care of hubby as he has a soft cast on his leg right now. All of Maddie's care and the house and everything is falling to me right now. And Maddie is just starting to sleep better, but barely. Just the thoughts of getting started in the process is overwhelming to me. I know that we will be on a wait list for up to 6 months but I just can't think about it right now.

Then this week things eased up a bit and I think that I might be ready to make that call and schedule my phone consult. I even started looking at some maternity clothes and baby stuff again. It is kind of exciting! But scary as there is no guarantee that it will work. But I can't think like that. Just one step at a time!

2 comments:

  1. What a balance that is: getting excited but not too hopeful. We're kinda in the same place. We gave our embies waiting for us, we're trying to get my cycle back after BFing (or while BFing actually) but I'm already starting to get excited about baby #2. Yet, trying not to get too excited cuz it's a long, uncertain process. I wish you the best! !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are ready! Keep us posted. Reming me, did you get PG with your first FET?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.