Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I blame the donors!

Photobucket

I love my little Maddie. I really, truly do. She is such a delight. She is my shopping buddy. She is my little cuddle bug. She is also my little tornado!! This kid can get into places I never thought possible. Kind of like a mouse. She can squeeze into the tiniest of spaces. She can also make messes faster than any natural disaster. And if you tell her no? Watch out!! She will throw her head back and holla! She is one strong willed child. She is determined to destroy my phone, demolish my remote and completely tear up my kitchen. And this includes the dog food and the dog water.
Photobucket
I can't tell you how many pieces of dog food I can taken out of her mouth. And the water. Oh, the water!! We change clothes 2-3 times a day just from the dog water.

When she is this little terror we blame the donors. Cause we were both perfect kids and there is not way that she got her bad behavior from us! All of the good though? That's me! But this little hellion in the making...it's all them! ;-)

Maddie also has a shoe obsession. A serious one! She has a basket of shoes in her room ans she will sit there for an hour just trying on shoes. She also wears our shoes and tries to put shoes on us. Trying to get her dressed in the morning is becoming a challenge because I cannot find a matching pair of shoes. And not like matching her outfit, but matching each other. I find shoes in cabinets. I find shoes under the couch. I find shoes in the dog food. I find shoes in my purse. It is ridiculous! But oh so cute to watch!!

You would think that will all of this chasing and hunting I am doing that I wouldn't be fat. But yep, still am! But that could be from the cupcakes.......

6 comments:

  1. Your Maddie reminds me so much of a sweet little handful in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toddlers and dog food! They all love it don't they? She's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. Sorry I was signed in on the wrong account!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute- and I totally get the shoe obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think maybe we had the same donors? Ha ha! But how would that explain our biological child who also went through (and still is) this same kind of phaze? Uh Oh...I think our kids just might be normal....grrrrr. our parents just never told us about when we were this age. She is a cutie though...that is for SURE!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.