Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Fatectomy??

When I got married 12 years ago I was a size 8/10. It is a perfect size for me. I will never be a size 4. Never!! In my first year of marriage the weight began to pile on. And when I say pile on, I mean pile on. Like 85 lbs in one year. Seriously!! And I know that all fat people say that they have a thyroid problem, but in this case it was true. Once I was diagnosed and put on meds I quit gaining weight. The doctor assured me that the meds would make the weight fall off. Liar! I never lost a pound but was so glad to feel better and quit gaining weight that I was not too upset. Even with all of this weight gain I ever really had much of a belly. Infertility changed all of that for me though.

In 2005 I had a laparotomy (like a c-section but without the baby). After that I went from a small pooch to a big pouch. Lovely! And after that all of my weight gain migrated to that area. So I had the joy of looking pregnant but not being pregnant. It really got bad after my thyroid went wonky again and I gained another 20 lbs. All in my belly. Then, to top it all off, I had a c-section. Now I have a lovely hangy-skin belly. There goes my bikini wearing days!!! I was looking at it this morning, admiring it's flabbiness, and wishing that I could have it removed. But how? Liposuction just ain't gonna cut it! And a tummy tuck? Nope! Too much for that. Then I thought, wouldn't it be nice if they could do a fatectomy?? Just cut it off and reconstruct the area. That would be awesome!!! Hmmm....but if I did that I might need to do something about these thighs.....like...gulp.... diet or something. *shivers* I hate the "d" word!!! And this butt! Maybe they suction the fat from my butt and give me a boob job?? I am sure that I would have enough to donate to a skinny chick needing a boob job too. And maybe even get me some Angelina lips to boot. Oh, the possibilities........

4 comments:

  1. I hear you! I CANNOT get this baby weight off AT ALL! I lost 25 lbs at the beginning and still have 25 to go UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have struggled with my weight since I was, um, like 5, so I get what you're saying. I was just delighted that I was able to buy a size 12 wedding dress off the rack - What's a size 4??? Tee hee hee! I think you looked great in your maternity pictures though. Why are we always so hard on ourselves? *sigh*

    Love the pics of Maddie, and thank you for the blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to "rearrange" some of my fat stores- I could definitely use that boob job! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Endless possibilities!! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.