Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Just tell me I'm fat, why don't cha??

As you all can tell from the pics that I posted I am finally starting to look like i have a baby belly. Well, I guess it would have helped had you seen a before pic, but I can't find any that include my belly. But take my word for it, my belly has definitely grown! Now the rest of me has not changed and for that I am thankful. Though being thankful for the abundance of thighs and hips that I have seems wrong, at least I have not added to them. My face looks fuller, but only when I am swollen. I have a fat face anyway. Even when I was thin, and yes, there was a time that I was.....even if it was in a previous like.....I still had a round face. Just less round. And fewer chins.

Last night at church a woman asked me how much longer I had till my due date. A skinny woman. You know where this is going. When I told her 7 weeks she said "Wow! You don't even look pregnant." Her daughter says "MOM!!!!" all embarrassed. The woman goes on to say that by the 8th month most women "pop" and that I really haven't. I informed her that I had indeed "popped" but that when I sat down all of the fat redistributed itself and I look less pregnant. Her daughter snickered at her mother's discomfort. The mother tried to fix it by telling me what she meant was I looked great and that is what she meant. She might as well have skipped the whole conversation and just said that I looked fat, not pregnant. LOL

Really, I was not mad at her. She is a sweet woman and meant well. Though I will admit it made me very self conscious about my belly. More so than usual. I try to wear tops that blouse out a but when I sit down so as to hide the dent in my belly, but this top was new and I didn't check it before I put it on. Now I know better. Maybe I should just go to a maternity store and "borrow" one of their foam bumps for the next month!!! ;-)

7 comments:

  1. I hear yah sister! I had people saying to me a month ago (at 32 weeks) geez, I didn't even know you were expecting. It made me wonder if they just thought I'd gained a ton of weight. People are so funny and feel very free to comment on what you are looking like at any moment when you're pregnant... like you need more to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you definitely look pregnant! I LOVED your picture that you posted from your shower - you are beautiful! To me, it definitely looks like a baby belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have to stop you! You are not what I think of when I think "fat" or "fluffy." The pictures from your baby shower are beautiful! You are beautiful! When I looked at them, I just saw a glowing pregnant woman. I get caught up in my appearance too, but we shouldn't, you know? I just hope you can enjoy the few remaining weeks of your pregnancy without worrying about borrowing a foam bump! And really, shame on that woman. That was an unkind comment no matter how sweet of a woman she may be. Sometimes I just don't understand what gets into people. There's never a good excuse for hurting someone's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You TOTALLY look like a pregnant woman to me and a BEAUTIFUL one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?? I just saw your shower picture and you DEFINITELY look pregnant to me. A radiant, glowing, joyful pregnant woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch on both counts.

    I looked at your shower pictures and you totally look pregnant to me. Not to mention you are a really pretty woman. You look great in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PEOPLE! What is wrong with them?! I had the same comment made to me at about 38 weeks. I was thinking ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! ha ha! I just looked at her and said.. Ahhh Trust me I AM! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.