Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ca-Ching!

I will be depositing the rest of the money today! It is nice to know that it is all sitting there, ready to go to the clinic. Well, we still need $250 more, but I am not worried about that. I got a text last night from my sister's fiancee that they would be bringing me the money tomorrow (which is today) and I was so overwhelmed. So many emotions coursed through me. The true meaning of faith hit me last night. I have dealt with many issues in life that required faith, as I am sure that you all have, but nothing of this magnitude. This was a lesson that God had specifically designed for me. The year 2009 started out well for us financially and when we first decided to start this journey we were confident that we would be able to save this money. About a month after we got on the list things changed and our finances took a hit. From a financial perspective embryo adoption was not a good choice for us at this time. But God kept opening doors for us and we decided to take a step of faith. Notice that I did not say leap of faith, as I did not leap into this, but took one cautious step at a time.

Had we had the money sitting in the bank with little effort I would never have had to exercised my faith as I did during these past few months. And I am humbled that God has chosen to bless us in this way. Yes, I want to become pregnant next month, but regardless this journey of faith has been a tremendous one. One that has taught me so many things. And though it has been difficult I am thankful for it. And I pray that this journey ends in a baby bump and later a baby or two.

5 comments:

  1. SO thankful God brought us together on this journey! He is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm coming to learn that, above all, God wants us to learn from this journey! You're doing a great job! I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still blown away by the generosity of your sister and her husband! God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. It made me think and reminded me that God surely does know what He is doing.

    By the way...the song you have playing, "Held" has been a huge blessing to me. I heard it on your blog a few weeks ago, and I downloaded it, and I listen to it often. So, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noelle, I am glad that the song has been a blessing to you. I heard about a year ago and loved it immediately.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.