Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another day closer

Each day brings us closer to the transfer and it is starting to become real to me. I have actually allowed myself to look at maternity clothing online and even nursery decor. Things that I typically avoid at all costs. But now I am having fun dreaming. This could get expensive!!

Yesterday I got my flu shot which my RE said that I needed. It was my first flu shot ever. After I got it (at Walgreens) the nurse told me to walk around the store for 10 minutes in case I had a reaction. Well, that sounded reassuring!!! For 10 whole minutes I wandered around imagining horrible side effects that would prevent the transfer. I kept waiting to collapse in a fit of seizures and start foaming at the mouth or something. I don't think that those are actual side effects, but nothing has been easy on this journey so I assume that the worst would happen. With my luck I would have some freak reaction and make it into medical journals! But thankfully nothing happened and I was able to go on my way.

My hubby also got his blood work done this week. Of course he whined about it hurting. Wait till I have to start my injections!! I may stab him a time or two so that he might know what real "hurting" is like!! So now we are just waiting for aunt flo to make an appearance. My BCP's are sitting next to my bed, ready to opened. And waiting for the call from the clinic to let us know if the couple got their blood testing done. Other than that, we are ready to go!!! Bring on the embies!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You are almost there! I suppose I need to be getting a flu shot too. I must ask my Dr. today. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your letting yourself be excited. When AF is done with me- I'll send her your way. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    i ran across your blog and my husband and i are considering embryo adoption/donation. would you mind telling me where you are doing it? you can email me at woodenpony@gmail.com. thanks and good luck to you!
    karen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.