Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

and the plot thickens.....

Why, oh why is nothing about baby making easy? I mean really, does it have to be so hard? Other couples, you know, those normal ones that procreate for free, get to have fun while making a baby. We infertiles have so many freaking hoops to jump through and none of it is ever easy. Or fun.

So today I received a call from the clinic nurse to discuss my transfer date. I thought that I would be instructed to schedule my lining check and told which day to be there. Well, that is not the case. I was told to have my lining check on the 19th and then I would be given the exact date if all looks good. It looks like it will be on the 25th, but need to be there a day early in case. BUT if the lining check or blood work shows that I am not ready then that date may change. So my options are to schedule a flight now and hope for the best. or wait until the 19th and pay at least $200 more. Or drive 14 hours alone.

I really think that I will be driving. If I schedule the flight on the 19th it will be a minimum of $500 plus I will need a rental car for 4 days. This is getting to be more than we want to spend. If I drive it will be $200 in gas and maybe a hotel room on the way there. I have someone to stay with on the return trip which is nice. But even if I have to get 2 hotel rooms it will still be a lot less expensive. And if I drive I can have the flexibility that I will need if the dates change at the last minute. Had I realized that a natural cycle would be so uncertain I would have requested a suppressed cycle and had a date set in stone. Or a better chance of it being set in stone. Being that I like to plan this is really stressing me out.

My prayer is that I will either fins a great deal on a ticket and can just fly. Or if I drive that I can find someone to go with me. I do have someone that would be great but she is helping with Maddie while I am gone. If hubby gets his compression stocking then he can go with me, but we don't know if that will be ready in time. Decisions, decision!!!


  1. Hang in there! Stress is never good. It will all work out. IT sounds like driving might be the way to go? get some great books on CD and go for it. Fall weather should be great right? Let us know what you decide!

  2. I hated the lack of scheduling with my natural cycle, too. My clinic's only two hours away, though. I can't imagine trying to plan travel around lining checks, etc.

  3. Sending you vibes of serenity. This process is bang your head on the wall maddening at times!


  4. We are on CD2 and will be flying to Prague for our EA. We ended up buying tickets with a few extra days to spare. Hopefully my lining will me ready...hopefully. If not, whew its gonna be spendy to change! I feel your pain!!


  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

  6. Ugh, so frustrating! Hope it all works out for you!

  7. 14 hours isn't so bad, even by yourself! You can do it! Praying for you, and hoping your uterine lining thickens more than the plot!

  8. Prayers! Hubby and I drove to TN for our mock transfer... and we will be driving again (18 hour trip!) but I hate airplanes so that way would be more stressful.

    You're in my prayers! :)



I love comments! They make me feel important.