Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A hidden danger in our homes

Ten years ago today a friend of mine lost her 18 month old daughter. Was it a disease? No. A car accident? No, not that either. Then SIDS? No, not SIDS. She lost her daughter in an accident that should never have happened. She died from a 100% preventable accident. So why wasn't it prevented? Why didn't this woman protect her precious little child? Because she didn't know. And maybe you don't either. I had no idea until until I learned of Cheyenne's death that this was even possible.

If you have children, watch children or are trying to have children you MUST read this story!! I will summarize it for you but please take a moment to follow the link and read her story. Cheyenne died from a window blind. You are thinking that you have heard about the dangers of window blind cords before so this isn't new. Tragic, but not new. But Cheyenne did not die from the pull cord. Her mom, like all of us, had put that out of reach to protect her baby. No, Cheyenne, while in her crib, grabbed the cord that held the slats together and that was what wrapped around her neck and killed her. You can read the full story here: PFWBS: 10 years ago today.

Please take a moment to read it. Then share it, pin it and tell someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me feel important.